Kate's Listography is back after a summer break with 'Top 5 songs I grew up to.' For me that's tunes from the 80's. Let's see what I remember...
1. 'System Addict'-5 Star, the UK's answer to The Jackson 5. I loved 5 Star, bought their tape and the 5 Star annual. I was quite surprised to see one of the sisters from the group on 'The Voice' tv show recently.
2. The one where the chorus went 'Hey, how are you doing? I'm sorry you couldn't get through-but this is a message that's been recorded especially for you...' I can't remember the name of the song or the band but it was the first song that popped into my head when I read Kate's original post. I remember as a child that it would be cool to sing the chorus into an answering machine I would have as an adult-to this day I've not done it.
3. 'Take on Me'-A-ha. Iconic video and catchy tune.
4. 'Karma Chameleon'-Culture Club. Didn't know what it was about then-still don't really know what it's about now. Catchy tune though.
5. Anything by Howard Jones. Bog-standard name--excellent tunes.
So, that's my top 5. Scoot on over to Kate Takes 5 if you want to join in too.