Monday 3 September 2012

Meal Planning Monday

Thursday 6th September 2012-Oh dear!!!! I was just catching up with Mrs M and I realised that I didn't link this post! I blame lack of sleep on the part of Toddler and Baby. Oh well, only 3 days late. Will try harder next week-promise.
 
My first Meal Planning Monday! I think I'll (and moreover my family will) be forever grateful to Mrs M for coming up with the idea as I am the queen of spending a good chunk of money in the supermarket, exiting with about five bags full up with shopping and still not have anything to make a meal out of!

Here goes...

Monday (As it's 8:55pm I can report this was a success. Toddler even said, "This is yummy Mummy." She has never said anything of the sort before.) : Roast chicken, mash, peas.

Tuesday: Spaghetti Bolognese.

Wednesday: Crispy chicken fajitas and salad.

Thursday: Spanish tortilla, salad and coleslaw.

Friday: Fish pie.

Saturday: Lamb casserole.

Sunday: Chicken burgers in buns with salad.

An abundance of chicken and salad I'll agree but they're favourite staples in the Village Mama household. I used to eat a lot of vegetarian (I'm not vegetarian) food before I was hitched-might try slipping some more veggie options in in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment