Friday 2 December 2011

Things that are getting my goat at the moment.

As mentioned in the 'About Me' section this blog does come under the 'Blogging for therapy' umbrella and, as such will, from time to time include posts regarding things that are peeing me off somewhat.

Here are the recents:

Kids on scooters:  Is this just me?  Am I the only person in the world who thinks it's really dangerous to let primary aged (let alone any aged) children zoom down the pavements on scooters having been picked up from school?  I'm sure they're more than capable of zooming around in straight lines and stopping by my worry is, should they have to take evasive action, would they manage?  As a pavement user and a car user I bet I know who'd get the blame if a child rolled into the road and got injured or worse.  I actually saw a kid riding his scooter up and down the aisles of Sainsbury's the other day!

Grown men riding bicycles on pavements:  Come on guys, if you don't have the balls to ride on the road then don't bother.

Elderly people just walking across the road whenever they feel like it:  Is this just in the villages in my area or is it a wider phemomenon?  Have the clocks going back caused some sort of cataclismic shift in the thinking of the elderly?  I saw an elderly couple today where the man thought he'd just run across two lanes of by-pass traffic!  On completion and (only just) safely on the other side he started laughing and smiling at the lady he was with who had sensibly waiting for the lights to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment