Monday 30 July 2012

Listography-Top 5 things about the Summer hoidays

Listography is back and this time around it's about the Summer hols. Thanks to Kate for another great Listography idea. Here's my top 5...

1.  Not having to do packed lunches. I definitely need some inspiration for September! Toddler is quite fussy anyway and it depends which way the winds blowing as to whether she eats much or not.

2.  Not having to get into the car. I have a bit of a love/hate thing with driving. If there had been a pre-school in the village that would have suited Toddler I would have sent her there but as it goes we ended up deciding on a pre-school in the next town which is about a 45 minute walk away with the double buggy. Part of my get fit routine from September is to walk to pre-school at least once a week!

3. Being able to walk about in the village between 3:15pm-4:00pm without having to walk in the road/navigate hoards and hoards of teenagers. There are two secondary schools, one at either end of the village and it's just an absolute pain to walk around in the village at that time of day-I avoid it!

4.  Links to number 3...Being able to board a bus between 3:15pm-4:00pm without having to do battle with hoards of teenagers that don't know how to queue or board a bus without it turning into a mess.

5.  Being able to attend singing, dancing, gym groups that we normally wouldn't be able to attend due to pre-school. Toddler loves a good sing-song and a bounce so these groups really suit her down to the ground.

So, there's my top 5. If you'd like to join in just write your own post and then link up via Kate's blog.

5 comments:

  1. Forgot about packed lunches! They are the bane of my life - not least because my daughter refuses to eat things she previously liked on a regular basis! Enjoy the holidays - let's hope the weather holds up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Yep, Toddler too. I'll put something in the lunchbox I believe to be fool-proof and it'll still be in there at 3:15pm when I'm there to pick her up! Have a lovely summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God I hate doing packed lunches. Mine always end up being not very healthy..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to find some inspiration for packed lunches. Must start doing some research!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Listography, but these days I find the summer holidays hard going and couldn't think of five positive reasons! I am very lucky that I don't have to do packed lunches right now as my two special needs kids both get fed at school #phew

    ReplyDelete