Tuesday 24 January 2012

No such thing as a free book...

...or so I thought until I picked this up at my local branch of Lloyds TSB.


It's the tale of Billy and his saving up for a crocodile.  Along the way he has a few slips (buying a rather expensive remote control car etc.).  But in the end the ending is a positive and happy one.  Just thought I'd mention the book here as I was surprised how good the story and illustrations were.  It managed to hold Toddlers attention long enough for me to have a well earned medium latte in the village coffee shop so it must be good.  For older children it really makes the whole concept of saving for what you want clear and to the point.  It comes with a set of stickers that match some of the illustrations from the story and a poster chart that older children can record there spending and saving on.  I'd say as a rough guide the book would be suitable for children as young as 2 and as old as 8 depending on the maturity of the child I suppose.  I guess this post could have gone in the 'Reviews' section of the blog but what the hell.  If you're in your local Lloyds branch anytime soon look out for 'A Crocodile for Billy'.  For £0.00 you won't be disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment